Detroit Redwings Quotes

Quotes from Famous Detroit Red Wings

Gordie Howe:
"You can always get someone to do your thinking for you."
Gordie Howe after being asked why players always wear a cup, but not always a helmet.
"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity."

"Age has nothing to do with it. Heck, I played until I was 52 so I could play with my sons, Mark and Marty. In fact, at 52, I was the leading scorer on the team until Christmas before they benched me."
"A goal, an assist and a fight."
~Keith Tkachuk describes the Gordie Howe Hat Trick. 


Ted Lindsay:
I had that flying wheel tattooed on my forehead and on my butt.

I had the idea that I should beat up every player I tangled with and nothing ever convinced me it wasn't a good idea.

Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing:
"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Jacques Demers:
 "Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

Brendan Shanahan:
"I usually call the new guy and let him know where I like to sit on the bus, tell him ways he can stay out of my way, make sure he knows not to touch any of my stuff." 

Dan Patrick: "Brett, do you catch flak for listing crossword puzzles as a hobby?"
Brett Hull: "What, Dan? Do I catch flak because I AM SO MUCH SMARTER than everybody else?"

 Check out Hot Hockey Wives and Girlfriends

1 comment: